I haven’t been blogging recently, and I figure this is better than not posting at all.Continue reading Just some memes
I, uh, may have preordered the Asian version of Super Robot Wars 30 too fast. Because for the first time ever, a non-OG SRW game is coming to North America. (And South America, except Venezuela. And Europe. And Australia.)
It’s Steam only outside of Asia, but still, a huge deal.
Before I say too much, I’ll let this speak for itself:
The trailer for the next Super Robot Wars game is here. The next two, actually. Here’s Super Robot Wars T, for PS4 and Switch, which already has an English release for Southeast Asia confirmed like the last three:
I’m not dead, but I would be if I wound up in a mecha setting and didn’t follow these rules.
1. Don’t mentor a younger pilot.
2. If you must break rule one, don’t be cooler than your protege.
3. Don’t fight anything powered by a black hole.
The next Super Robot Wars game has been announced, and this time there’s an English trailer from the start.
So far, anyway.
10. Cross Ange: Rondo of Angels and Dragons, “Kindan no Resistance” by Nana Mizuki
Having the same director as Gundam SEED extended into having a very similar style of opening.
These are the ones most of my nostalgia is for.
10. King of Braves GaoGaiGar, “Yuusha Oh Tanjou!” by Masaaki Endoh
To be on the safe side, people with epilepsy might want to look away for the part from 0:36 to 0:45.
Martial arts and robots dominate this decade pretty heavily, so it’s no surprise what genres most of the best OPs are from.
10. Dragon Ball, “Makafushigi Adventure” by Hiroki Takahashi