So, here are my answers to Nikki’s questions.
1. What is O-N-E word that describes you?
Curious. I always want to know more than I already do. And I hope I always will.
2. What animal would you be, if you could be one?
While my first instinct was to say some kind of bird (probably a raven), I’d often thought I could easily do more if I just had more hands, so I’m going to say a spider monkey.
3. What’s your favourite book?
The His Dark Materials trilogy; if I have to single one out, The Amber Spyglass.
4. What are you most likely to do on a rainy day?
Write, and play video games in between.
5. What fictional character do you identify with, the most?
Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man. I feel like I haven’t done enough for most of my life, and a sense of responsiblity regarding what I can do, and like I am often underestimated by people who know me but don’t know much about what I do.
6. What, if any, is your favourite subject/class?
I’ve been out of school for a while now, but my favorites were creative writing and literature. (Not science despite my interest in it, because I rarely ever learned anything about science in school that I didn’t already know from reading on my own.)
7. Who inspires you?
Carl Sagan for making me and many others appreicate the wonder of the universe.
Philip Jose Farmer for being a writer who got his start in his 30’s and still became rather successful.
And the members of JAM Project because what’s more inspiring than hearing one of their songs?
8. Where and/or with whom would you rather be right now?
Australia, because it’s summer there, and we’re having a really cold winter day where I am right now!
9. What’s your favourite gadget/‘toy’? (i.e., phone, tablet, PSP, you name it)
10. Would you like to try, for one day, the life of a member of the opposite/another sex?
11. Are you mad at me for coming up with these questions? (if your answer is ‘yes’… I’m sorry)
Eleven random facts about me:
1. My first novel is being beta read.
2. It’s the first book in a series called Project Quintessence, and is influenced by anime, especially mecha series.
3. I don’t care who says they’re overrated, I love theme parks.
4. I cannot read any writing of any reasonable size from a foot away without my glasses.
5. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a paleontologist when I grew up.
6. I wrote Star Trek fanfiction for a school assignment at least once.
7. Currently reading: a nonfiction book about exoplanets, Mirror Earth by Michael D. Lemonick.
8. I’m a perfectionist about a lot of things.
9. I really need more exercise, but it’s hard to find the time.
10. I never really liked Akira very much, and I did see it before it became commonly known that it was based on a manga that was better.
11. I still don’t like talking about myself.
Blogs I’m nominating:
The questions I’m asking:
1. What’s a subject you don’t know much about, but wish you did?
2. If you could have a superpower, what power would you want?
3. What’s your favorite song?
4. What are you most likely to do on a sunny day?
5. What are your goals for the future?
6. Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
7. What’s your favorite quote of all time? It can be from a famous person, a movie, a song, anything.
8. Is there a word that’s not really common but you use a lot?
9. If your name appeared in the Guinness Book of World Records, what record would it be for?
10. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
11. Do you think you can come up with 11 questions more easily than I did?
And here are the Official Rules of the Liebster Award:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).